Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Here is a short musing for you; suddenly I find myself caught up with every series that I am reading, and there are no books waiting for me on my kindle, and I have already almost exhausted my book-budget for the month. What to do?
I could look through the shelves at the library, but oddly enough most of the literature there is in Norwegian, and I prefer to read books in the original language, and I’m in mood for something easy yet entertaining that won’t hurt my brain. I do after all read for fun and enjoyment, and what I enjoy is paranormal romance, a genre which is not thriving in the Norwegian market due to the simple fact that there are so few Norwegians in the world, and even fewer who reads paranormal romance. I suppose that is why most who do usually reads in English.
Where do you go to get your book-fixes? Have you got any suggestions for a ‘can’t put it down, stay up all night reading’ book for me? I’m in dire need of one. I am going to work in an hour, so hopefully a book will jump out at me while I’m shelving and cataloguing.